The Art Museum of Roger-Quilliot
Stay at the Contact Hôtel Lune Étoile ** and discover the Art Museum of Roger-Quilliot located less than 4 km from our establishment.
A bit of history ...
Former Ursuline convent, known as MARQ, was founded in 1990 thanks to the architects Adrien Fainsilber and Claude Gaillard.
This building gave dynamism and modernity to the city of Clermont-Ferrand thanks to its contemporary style.
Now, this cultural center is one of the largest cultural establishments in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region.
What does the Art Museum of Roger-Quilliot offer ?
Composed of 6 levels mixing ancient and contemporary art, this Museum has the pleasure to make you discover its hidden treasures from the medieval period to the 20th century.
Among the 750 exhibited works you will find :
- Objects of art,
Which artists are to be discovered at the Art Museum of Roger-Quilliot ?
The MARQ invites you to plunge into the past by discovering masterpieces by artists such as Théodore Chassériau, Gustave Doré, Auguste Bartholdi or Jean-Honoré Fragonnard.
How to visit this museum ?
A multitude of ways to visit the museum are proposed to you :
- Self-guided tours : At your own pace, stroll in front of masterpieces in a contemporary setting.
- Guided tours with commentary by experts who will share their passion for art history with you.
- Workshops for children are proposed to understand the history of these works in a playful way.
- Conferences and temporary exhibitions are also programmed.
The little extras of this museum :
- The MARQ has developed a free application called "Masterpieces of the MARQ", allowing you on mobile and tablet to discover countless paintings, sculptures and art objects of the museum.
- This establishment is ideally located thanks to its proximity to the famous historic district of Montferrand.
Musée d'art Roger-Quilliot
Full fare: €5
Reduced rate : €3
Free of charge possible under certain conditions (refer to the website below*).
Phone : +33 (0)4 43 76 25 25
By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more practical information (website only in french) :